Thinking of crewing or getting involved?
Reach out to our club HERE
Batemans Bay Marina Regatta 2024
27th and 28th April
Further Information HERE
2023/24 Sailing Program
Batemans Bay Sailing Club runs a full program of sailing for both racing and cruising sailors. We hold races for off-the-beach, keelboats and multihulls most weeks of the year.
You’ll find our 2023/24 Sailing Program here.
If you would like to participate as crew on our boats or take part in our social activities you can express your interest HERE.
Batemans Bay Sailing Club’s clubhouse and mast-up boatyard is located behind the western end of Corrigan’s Beach. Access is via Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay.
The Hanging Rock boat ramp is only 200 metres away which makes mast-up trailer boat storage in our boatyard a cost-effective and convenient place to store your trailer sailer close to the clean and uncrowded waters of the Clyde River and Batemans Bay.
We’re spoilt for choice of beautiful waterways here in the Eurobodalla and our off-the-beach sailors have found the perfect spot for small craft sailing on Coila Lake near Tuross Head.
Coila Lake is almost 4km long by 2 kms wide and set behind low level sand dunes on its eastern shore so we get steady land and sea breezes yet sail on flat waters free from swell, currents and tides.
Each year Batemans Bay Sailing Club hosts a two day regatta on the weekend closest to ANZAC Day. This is always a highlight for the club and attracts many competitive sailors from multiple classes of off-the-beach dinghies, catamarans and bigger trailer sailers, some of whom are vying for state and national titles.
The majority of boat owners in the club keep their keelboats (mono and multihulls) either in Batemans Bay Marina or on moorings along the shores of Batemans Bay or the Clyde River.
Members own a mix of competitive racing and cruising yachts. To accommodate both groups, the club’s sailing program features a mix of keenly contested Category 4 and 7 races and sailing ‘events’ on Batemans Bay and along the Eurobodalla coast.
The majority of the Club’s fleet of competitive keel boats regularly sail from Batemans Bay Marina in the Club’s Bay Cup and Coastal series.
The main keel boat events include:
- the Bay Cup Series – Two Divisions (Cat 7) – Sailing to all points of Batemans Bay
- the Coastal Cup Series for Div 1 (Cat 4) yachts along the coast between Moruya in the south to Durras in the north
- the Toll Gate Classic Series for Div 2 (Cat 7) yachts within the waters of Batemans Bay
- the Women’s Series, comprising ‘Sternchaser’ events where the slowest boats start first and then it’s up to the faster boats to catch them if they can
- River Wrangler’s – our Friday night twilights series sailed in the tighter confines of the Clyde River in between the marina and bridge
- the Winter Series of competitive and social races on Saturdays and Sundays running from May through to August – Champagne sailing !
Around Australia Day each year, boats from the club also make the trip to Jervis Bay to participate in races hosted by the Jervis Bay Sailing Club. In addition, there is:
AMS and SMS Measuring and Handicapping
The club’s AMS and SMS Measurer is Tony Sutton (M: 0412357566) and Handicapper is Simon Lowth (M: 0407446862).
Contact the club using this form.